Backup Manager for Magento® 2.x
Making daily backups of your online store is very important to your business. The ability to restore a backup at any time will save you a lot of money and hassle. Therefore, we created the Backup Manager for Magento® 2.x module. This module is an add-on to the default Magento Backup module and has more flexible settings.
Extmag Backup Manager for Magento® 2.x has flexible settings for performing daily or hourly backups. You can only back up those folders in your store that are critical for the operation of the store. And set up the native Magento Backup module to work once a week in order to have a complete copy of the site. Thus, your backups will take up a minimum of space on the server and will not interfere with the operation of the site. Minimal copies are created quickly and do not require a store shutdown for maintenance.
Another feature of Extmag Backup Manager for Magento 2.x is the ability to store backups in the cloud storage. At the moment, the module supports Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive. After making some adjustments, all your backups will be uploaded to the selected cloud storage. You can also specify how many copies to keep on the server to restore the store. The module will delete all other copies, but they will still be stored in the cloud storage (if configured) until you manually delete them.
Restoring a backup is done from the standard interface in the same way as from a regular backup made by the default Magento Backup module.
An example of using the Extmag Backup Manager for Magento 2.x module:
- While the online store is under development, you need to configure the module so that the backups include all folders and are created once every 2-3 hours. This way you can always roll back to the correct version if a development error occurs.
- When the site is completely ready and switched to production mode, you need to perform a full backup.
- Configure the module so that it backs up only those folders that change frequently. As an example, the vendor folder is not included in such folders, so if you exclude it, it is already in the full backup anyway.
- If the traffic and the number of orders from the site are high, then you should configure the module to create backups once every 3-5 hours. This will give you the opportunity in case of data loss to restore them to the next hour.
- If there are not many orders per day, then it is worth setting up a schedule for performing backups once every 12 hours. Although it is possible more often.
To get a demo version of the extension, please contact our technical support. In the letter, indicate your name and surname, name of the extension, email address, and website URL. The demo is valid for 14 days. After 14 days, you agree to remove the extension demo from your site and from wherever it was installed.
|Compatibility||2.4, 2.3, 2.2, 2.1, 2.0|
Follow these steps to install the extension:
- Unpack the resulting archive to the root of your Magento site. As a result, you should have created such a folder [magento_root]/app/code/Extmag/Backup
- Run the following commands in the root of your Magento site:
- composer require spatie/flysystem-dropbox:^1.2
- composer require google/apiclient:^2.7
- composer require krizalys/onedrive-php-sdk:^2.5
- php bin/magento c:f
- php bin/magento s:up
- Log out and log back into the Magento admin interface
- Congratulations. The extension has been successfully installed.
Configure extension by this guide.
Added the ability to manage the number of stored copies of mini backups on your cloud storage
Decrease time of database backup and increase availability database at backup doing. Added new CLI command for restore DB from backup.
Added folder name for cloud storage
Added "Extmag Mini Backup" button on logs grid
Fixed authentication errors for cloud storage
Show error with onedrive getting auth code if this error exists
The version of the core module up to ^1.2
Changed the version of dependency modules
Fixed bug with acl
Fixed bug with system configuration
Core module was added as a dependency
Fixed bug with schedule and config cache
Fixed bug with uploading backups to Microsoft OneDrive
Fixed bug with schedule